Banner

Sunday 16 October 2011

Finished Project - Hooded Towel for Toddler

A superbly easy Hooded Poncho towel for a toddler:


I can finally put this project to bed - it has been on the go for quite a while.  The initial cutting and sewing part took very little time at all, but because towel is thick, and I didn't want to risk it in my nice new sewing machine, I did it by hand and the joins were a bit frayed and untidy, so I sewed on some binding to tidy it all up.  This is what took the time, it's just been sitting in my sitting room with a needle stuck in it for weeks half done, while I catch the odd half hour in front of the TV once the children have gone to bed.


What you need:

  • 1 hand towel and 1 bath towel.  They don't need to be the same colour, though if they match it looks better.  Mine weren't quite matching, and they were also a bit stained/faded in places (old towels) so I threw them in the washing machine with a batch of baby vests etc. and some Dylon machine fabric dye in "Ocean Blue".
  • Matching binding and thread.
What to do:
  • This is the easy bit for me... Click on this link to "Sewing/Needlework @ Suite 101" where a lovely lady called Barbara Thompson has all the instructions beautifully illustrated.
  • I then sewed binding on to the inside joins to tidy it all up.
I'm pretty pleased with the result, though Little C doesn't like having the hood up very much.

2 comments:

  1. My name is Linda. This is just what I've been looking for! It looks great and that little guy is so cute! I am planning to make one for my granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He's not so little any more at the ripe old age of 4 - bbut my daughter now loves using this towel. It's so great when a search takes you to something you're looking for isn't it? That's how I felt when I first found the original instructions on Suite 101

      Delete