Banner

Friday 20 May 2011

Pond frogs


More creative crafts to do with toddlers.  This is dead easy and the outcome is lovely.  We saw Mr Maker make a frog on a pond on CBeebies and later that day Little C decided that he would like to make a frog.  When I finally figured out what it was that he was asking me for, I said that we would make a frog the next day.  We don't quite have the bits and pieces and paper cups that Mr Maker was using, so while feeding Little Sister at 4am I came up with our own way of doing it:





  • What you need
  • paper plate
  • blue paint
  • brown and black felt pens
  • 2 green milk bottle tops
  • green egg box
  • white tissue paper
  • PVA glue










What to do
  • cut the egg box so that you have the six individual egg compartments.  The corner ones are best.  Trim if required so that they stand level when upside down.  These are your frogs.
  • take two pieces (about 10cm square) of white tissue paper per frog and roll into balls, cover with PVA glue and stick to the top of the frogs to make eyes.  Leave to dry.
Paint the paper plate blue.  Allow to dry.


Using the felt pens draw a pupil on each eye, some nostrils and a big smile on your frog.  You can also draw some warts.
Use the PVA to stick your frogs to the pond.  Also stick the milk bottle lids as lilypads.  Now you can trim some more card from the egg box to froggy feet shape, draw on some webbed toes and stick in place.

Ta Daaaahhh!!!! Frogs in ponds


2 comments:

  1. This is so incredibly cute, I have earmarked the almost empty egg carton in the fridge so that I can do this with the offspring tomorrow. Thank you. I love visual and user friendly guides to making things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much! I'd probably post more stuff like this, but I so often forget to have my camera on hand... I'm working on it!

    ReplyDelete