Banner

Saturday 18 April 2020

Lockdown Targets

As lock-down here in the UK are extended by a further three weeks, I wonder what kind of lock-downer you are?  Are you a planner, with goals, targets and lists?  Are you a plate-spinner, trying to keep all those plates spinning but never sure where the next one will come from?  Or are you a drifter, not worrying too much and taking each day as it comes?

I don't think anybody who knows me will be surprised to find that I'm a planner.  I have a very love-hate relationship with lists.  There have been times when my lists have got out of control - if there's too much on there and I don't feel I'm getting things done it can make me feel anxious and despondent.  On the other end, if I see that I am making good progress through my lists then I can feel very good about myself.  I have tried to live without lists (I always ditch them when I'm away on holiday) but I can't keep it up for long.  I always end up wondering what I'm missing, what I'm forgetting to do... and I start writing things down so I don't forget... and before you know it I've got a list again.
List Clip Art Free | Clipart Panda - Free Clipart Images
So of course I have a plan for lock-down.  I would hate to come out feeling that I've wasted the potential of these twelve weeks.  Of course, as I've posted previously, I'm putting my own and my family's happiness as top priority.  I am also still being paid my (part time) salary to work from home.  That doesn't mean I can't have other targets too.  I won't go into detail here but here are some headlines.  I'd love to know what your aims are while you are at home.
  • school work
  • reviewing MFL provision at school
  • supporting and planning for my Beavers and Cubs.
  • planning adult training for Hereford and Worcester for Autumn and 2021
  • supporting the training, validation and compliance of adult volunteers in the County.
  • creative writing
  • build up freelance writing
  • tame garden
  • finish decorating a few rooms in the house that have been started
  • come out a few kg lighter and a lot fitter
  • catch up with some of my craft projects

No comments:

Post a Comment