Banner

Sunday 12 April 2020

How not to win at Monopoly - one of the mysteries of parenting

"Will you play Monopoly with us Mummy?"
"Yep, give me a minute and I'll be there,"  I was thinking this would be some good quality family time.  Only now, four hours later, with two of the family in tears and the other feeling very guilty, do I remember that Monopoly is the other name for the God of Family Strife.
Monopoly (game) - Wikipedia
Image from wikipedia
The problem is that I like Monopoly.  I have a good strategy.  And I won.

Both children finished in their bedrooms upset.  Hubby suggested that maybe I should start letting them win - not sure how to be honest, maybe next time I don't buy any houses?  So now they are sad (though both determined to win next time) and I feel guilty.

Why do we buy this game?  Surely it rates higher than washing up and Christmas on the list of things that cause family rows...

What's your board game of choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment