Banner

Monday 12 August 2013

Learning the craft - crochet!

So I undertook my first ever piece of crochet at Christmas - a flower using simple chains of crochet.

I'm planning to develop my skills by gradually working through the items in "First Crochet" by Lesley Stansfield.

My second attempt was a baby hat.  I'm not sure what went wrong but it definitely didn't look like the one in the picture.

This time I think I've got the hang of it.  It's a tiny tote bag.  I think the finish would have been better if I had used Cotton DK as suggested, rather than the wool I had sitting in my wool basket, and it's a little wonky and uneven in places where I've lost and then regained a stitch in the rows, but it's definitely double crochet, which is what it's supposed to be.  And I am proud of it.  

More importantly, C loves it.  It's purple which is his favourite colour, so I've given it to him.  

I won't tell you what the next crochet project is going to be.  If it turns out well then it's going to be a Christmas gift for somebody.  I have another knitting project to do before then though - I'm going to learn a new skill, and knit an Aran Cable jumper for Bug - CABLE??!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment