Banner

Friday 5 October 2012

Creative Ideas - Slate signs

While we were in Wales we visited Machynlleth market, where we saw signs painted on to slate on sale for £5.  Hubby leaned over to me and suggested that it was something anybody could do.  I thought I'd give it a go.  My sister-in-law had a pile of slate outside her house in Wales, its the stone from part of the house that they were demolishing, and she planned to use it for a dry-stone wall along the edge of the garden, but she let me pinch a couple of pieces for my creative endeavours.  I used plastikote enamel paint (we had some sitting down in a box in the cellar).  I painted the main colour first, two coats, and then painted around the edge in black.  They're imperfect, the same as most things that I make, but I think they add something to our garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment