Banner

Thursday 11 November 2010

Knitted cardigan for toddler

I am very proud of myself.  Up until Little C was born a year and a bit ago I think I had only once had a go at following a knitting pattern.  Since then I have gradually started doing more, from little booties and a hat, to a tank top, then two knitted dolls (see earlier post) and now I have completed a hooded cardigan for Little C!


Here is the finished article:




I got the pattern last Christmas from my mum, but if you want to get hold of it you can find it here.  It's a Peter Pan Double Knitting Pattern P1027.  I've thrown away the ball band from the wool so I'm not sure what it was, but it's double knitting wool and is dark blue with flecks of colour.


I bought the buttons from a little shop in Machynlleth in Wales, but the exact same ones are available from Hobbycraft here.  They are ceramic and in the shape of little cars!
I am glad that I decided to make this in the size given for age 2-3 (because I didn't know how long it would take me to make and I didn't want it to be too small before I'd even finished), as putting it on him to take this photo, he could pretty much start wearing it right away!


My next makes - I'm going to make 6 little Christmas stockings to put on the table for Christmas Day with a little gift, a joke or riddle and a paper hat inside instead of spending so much money on crackers.  Afterwards I will have a whole year to make a further 18 and put numbers on them ready to make an advent calendar for next year.  After I've made the six I will start on a large simple poncho for me, which I think will be handy for breastfeeding in March.

No comments:

Post a Comment