Banner

Thursday 9 February 2012

My Bucket List

I saw a Bucket List here on No Wooden Spoons, and was inspired to make my own.

For anybody who doesn't know what a Bucket List is, it comes from the film "The Bucket List" starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman.  It's a list of things to do before you kick the bucket.  In the film the two stars play a pair of terminally ill men who go on a trip trying to do the things on their Bucket Lists.


I first wrote my Bucket List not long after my first marriage ended in 2003 (it wasn't called that then, it was just "The List").  I added to it in 2007 and I'm pretty sure that it hasn't had anything new added to it since then.  Here it is:
Make babies - achieved!  July 2009 and Feb 2011
see the Corryvreckan whirlpool
see the Northern Lights
see an Osprey
go in a hot air balloon
drive a digger
see a real live bear in the wild
go in a helicopter
visit St Petersburg
go to India - achieved! (Summer 2008)
get a book published
go swimming with dolphins

cycle Lands End to John O'Groats - achieved!  Summer 2004

be fit, slim and healthy (not very measurable I guess!)
get a Masters in Literature
Visit San Francisco - achieved! (December 2008)
have a house with a garden with a pond, strawberries, potatoes and a compost bin
achieved all except the pond, and that's going to happen at some point (Sept 2007)
have a cafe-bookshop
trek in the Himalayas - achieved! (Summer 2008)
visit Prague

visit New York - achieved! Summer 2004
see a whale in the wild

walk the West Highland Way - achieved!  2004
skydive - achieved! 2004

No comments:

Post a Comment