The David Marshall Lodge is the Forestry Commission (Scotland)'s visitor centre in the Queen Elizabeth Forest Park just near Aberfoyle.
The large car park surrounding a lake is just three pounds for the day (or there's a well marked cycle trail from Aberfoyle), and you can then concentrate on exploring the woodland.
- a small play area (pictured);
- a large Go Ape high ropes course - we can't wait until our two are old enough and we can all go on that together, the zip wire looks incredible!
- a good cafe with outdoor seating too and great views
- a gift shop
- an information area including live CCTV images of local wildlife hotspots
- well marked walking and biking trails around the woods, where you will may also come across interesting bridges, information signs, dens and shelters, waterfalls and much more.
This is a great place to spend a day whatever the weather and the season. Well worth exploring. Children just seem to come to life when they are in the woods don't they!?