- brush his own teeth (with supervision and reminders on technique)
- get dressed and undressed by himself and put dirty clothes in the laundry
- tidy up his toys at the end of the play session
- lay the table (with supervision and guidance)
- blow his own nose
- straighten his own bed (and take the pillowcase off when it's time to change the bedding)
- use the potty when necessary and wipe after a #1.
- wash his own hands
- pour his own drink (when the jug isn't too heavy)
- choose his outfit for the day
Saturday, 4 August 2012
Ten things that a three-year-old can do for themselves...
Of course this is different for every child. C has only just turned three, and we'll be building on his skills and independence as the year progresses, but here are a few of the things that I expect him to do now: