Banner

Wednesday 1 January 2020

Today's accomplishments

Instead of a "to do" list, this is what is known as a "ta dah" list - as in, a little fanfare of jubilation for the things I've managed to do.

  • Had a lie in - until 9am - go me!
  • Then relaxed in front of "100 best walks", because... why not?  It's New Year's Day, I don't have a hangover because I didn't drink anything last night.  I was just relaxed!
  • Started the medium term plan for Year 3 French for this term.
  • Basket full of ironing.  And then two more loads of laundry.
  • Read a chapter of my new book "The Body" by Bill Bryson.  Got pretty excited about all the microbes actually.
  • made lunch and made the dough for this evening's pizza.
  • sat down and completed the 1st draft of our new Induction Pack for County Appointments for Scouts Hereford and Worcester, and e-mailed it to the County Commissioner for his thoughts.
  • e-mailed the 1st Holmer Scout Group leader team to ask for content for the Spring newsletter.
  • started printing off Cubs personal details record cards so I can send them home to be checked for any contact info updates / accuracy at the beginning of the year.
  • updated our finance records and responded to a bunch of e-mails.
  • Got in touch with the Headteacher of a local primary school to arrange an assembly about what Scouts can offer.
  • Finished making the dinner and then relaxed and watched Jurassic World with the family.
  • Took the dog out for a run (mostly walking actually, but I'm out of practice so that's okay).
  • wrote a blog post.
Considering how unhurried and relaxed I've felt today, I'm pretty pleased with how much I've accomplished.  I have a warm feeling of smugitude which is not very becoming but will help me go to sleep with a smile, after I've read another chapter of my book.
The Body: A Guide for Occupants

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Thanks for popping over, it's lovely to meet you!
    I love Bill Bryson's style of writing and watched him chatting about The Body on the TV just before it was released. I shall keep my eyes peeled on the charity shop bookshelves! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely. I'm annoying my kids by coming out with little nuggets of information about the brain today, as I read that chapter last night.

      Delete