Banner

Sunday 7 November 2010

A writing assignment! A family autumn weekend and a long to-do list.

Yippee!  A writing assignment!  I get them sporadically.  I'll be honest, I do nothing pro-active to go out and get them because I find myself so busy with Little C, the garden and the house.  When I get them land on my plate though I am always delighted, and so far have never turned one down.  Partly because it stimulates my grey cells, gets me thinking and writing and creative within a given brief and time scale, partly it's nice to feel wanted and partly because there's the prospect of a little injection of cash at the end of it!  This one is for Sainsburys and The Scout Association.  Sainsburys give Active Kids vouchers when you spend money at their store, shoppers collect them and donate them to registered schools or youth groups, including The Scout Association.  The collecting group then gets to spend the vouchers on sports or cooking equipment and much much more.  The two organisations produce a resource pack, full of activity ideas for getting kids active and eating healthily.  This will be the fourth year in a row that I have written the Scout and Explorer Scout resource pack.  Watch this space to see how I'm getting on, but this year it's more amendments and additions than a full scale creation, and the time scale is short, so I should be finished within about 10 days.  Here's a link to last year's resource: http://www2.sainsburys.co.uk/ActiveKids/library/pdf/AK10%20Scouts%20Resource_lowres.pdf.














This weekend has been beautiful here in Scotland.  We've had a wet and windy week so I didn't have high hopes, but - well actually it did rain a bit yesterday, and quite heavily too - today has been amazing.  Here are a few photos from our wander with the dog this morning:






I also have a confession to make.  I've made another to-do list.  I am dreadful with them and promised myself I wouldn't do it anymore because I keep adding to them and then get upset with myself when I don't do enough things on them.  It happened again though.  I've been waking up in the middle of the night (besides the leg cramps, needing the loo, being kicked by the baby and other symptoms of pregnancy) thinking of things I need to do - so I thought I'd save myself having to think of the same things over and again, by writing them down.
I'll let you know how I get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment